Lemon & Raspberry Ripple Drizzle Cake
RTE Celebrity No Salt Chef Brian McDermott’s – Ms. G’s Jam Recipe
Makes: One 12 inch Cake
225g unsalted butter
225g caster sugar
Finely grated zest 1 lemon
225g self-raising flour Sieved
Drizzle of Vanilla Essence
75g Ms G’s Raspberry Jam
For the drizzle topping:
juice of 1 lemon
120g Icing Sugar
6 Mint Leaves
1) Heat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4
2) In a bowl beat together using a mixer the softened unsalted butter and castor sugar until creamy and light in colour.
3) Add the eggs one at a time followed by the sieved flour.
4) Then add the vanilla and Lemon zest.
5) Combine mixture together.
6) Last minute mix raspberry jam in ripple effect through mix.
7) Line a loaf or round 12” tin with parchment paper.
8) Spread the mixture into the tin and bake in oven for 40 -45 minutes.
9) While cake is baking prepare the drizzle by adding the lemon juice to the Icing Sugar.
10) Cool cake and then drizzle with the icing.
11) Arrange the berries on top with mint leaves.
Brian’s Tip: Enjoy with a dollop of freshly whipped cream